Thursday, April 29, 2010

Some Thoughts cuz I can't sleep yet

I know that I should be in bed right about now because I have to be up and on the road to go up north again, but I can't. I am in the middle of messaging Brett and he is updating me on how the truck is having bad mood swings (as I call them). This is very discouraging to him and me as well. We use his truck for so many different things and he is getting frustrated and almost angry at all that has gone into that vehicle and it keeps not working properly. We are taking the truck up north in the morning and I am nervous about how the trip will go even though I know that God will keep us safe if we put our trust in him first.

I was doing some reading in one of my devotional books and it was talking about putting trust in God first instead of in man. That is something I struggle with (as we all probably do). I just need to keep my chin up and pray that God will have his arms around us while we travel. I know from personal experience that I have felt the arms of the Lord around me many times before, and the time that sticks out the most is when I had a car accident in the middle of winter that should have killed me. But I am still alive, and here to tell about it. I also keep in mind that God never puts us in a situation that we can not handle. There have been many times where I wonder why I have to deal with certain things, but then I realize later on down the road that they happened for a reason.

Many times I wonder if this truck issue is just a test on how well we can handle the stress and everything that comes with vehicles in our relationship and still remember to give our problems to God and he will help us with the answers because he knows them all. I pray that God will keep his mighty arms around us once again as we make our journey to Big Star Lake with a truck that is getting older and is struggling to keep on living, and that he will give the truck wings to fly strong to the lake and back.

~Rachel

2 comments:

  1. i think it still didn't post correctly. it's in a weird font :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trusting in God is always a great thing! Praying is also a great thing! As for the truck if it’s his time, there isn’t anything your going to do about it. Don’t let something like a truck get between you two. Don’t stress the little stuff!!
    Sheryl

    ReplyDelete